There are a number of types of pool removal. Here we discuss what they are and what’s involved.
Full In-Ground Pool Removal
In this type of pool removal the pool is completely demolished and removed offsite and the area is restored to lawn. For home owners that may have plans for a home addition or garage in the same area as the pool. No concrete will remain onsite.
Low Impact Pool Removal
All plastics and metals associated with the pool get hauled away and recycled. All concrete associated with the pool is completely demolished and processed into 8 – 10” fracture concrete gravel similar to PGE and used as fill. Pool area is restored to lawn. This method is lower impact and more cost effective because less has to be hauled in and out to fill in the pool.
Basic Pool Removal
Bottom of pool is perforated with holes for water to drain and sides of the pool are removed 24” below final grade. Pool area is restored to lawn.
Above Ground Pool Removal
Pool will be completely disassembled, hauled away and area will be restored to lawn.
TYPICAL SCOPE OF SERVICE FOR POOL REMOVALS
• Obtain all permits, provide drawings as needed, and pay all permit fees
• Call in a Utility Locate
• Pump out pool water
• Protect trees as needed
• Remove and reinstall fence for access
• Saw cut pool deck away from any concrete to remain
• Disconnect electric associated with the pool at main circuit breaker in house
• Disconnect gas line – typically capped at gas meter
• Demolish/remove swimming pool
• Import and compact clay fill material
• Import and distribute 6” of top soil over the entire disturbed area
• Seed and install erosion control blanket
• Repair irrigation as needed
See our post about Reasons to Remove Your Pool for more information.
If you live in the greater Chicago or Denver areas please do not hesitate to give us a call about swimming pool removal or any of the other services that we offer. There are many types of pool removal and we have experience with all of them. Also make sure to visit our experience page to see some of our previous pool removal work.