With this in-ground pool, our clients were in the processes of purchasing this new home. Removing the pool was a contingent part of the sale of the house and needed to be completed in a short time frame. We understood the client’s concerns and were able to remove the pool properly and in the time frame given.
The pool was an all concrete pool surrounded by a large concrete pool deck. All of the concrete was broken down and used it as structural fill in the deep end of the pool. We also removed a small shed that had housed the pool equipment.
After back filling, we brought the area to rough grade and installed erosion control blanket to stabilize the dirt. Since the client’s had not moved in yet, they wanted to wait and see how they were going to use the space.
If you are in the greater Denver or Chicago areas and are interested in finding out more about your pool removal options, then please do not hesitate to contact us for a complimentary estimate.
Mack Land, LLC receives numerous calls about removing pools in Arvada, CO every year. This in-ground pool dominated the backyard at this house. Also, it had not been used in years and had fallen into disrepair.
The family was unsure if they were going to do, put the house up for rent or for sale. However, they knew the pool needed to be removed to make the house more appealing to a broader market. As the backyard and pool area was a tight space to maneuver in, our use of compact equipment really shone here. It is what makes our process of removing pools stand out from the rest.
This pool was a liner pool with a sand bottom. This is a common pool style we see in Colorado. We removed the concrete walk around the pool and old concrete stairs under the deck. The area was brought to rough grade, leaving the family with options on how they wanted to finish off the space.
We have been removing pools for many years and are experts in the field. If you live in the greater Chicago or Denver areas, please do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
REASONS TO REMOVE YOUR SWIMMING POOL TODAY
1. Reduce Stress and Enjoy your Back Yard
• Having a swimming pool in disrepair is stressful and could be a liability
• Every time you look into the back yard you see it and it haunts you
• At night you may lie awake trying to figure out how to deal with the problem
• Neighbors may be complaining and you may start receiving letters from the City or Village
2. Increase Real Estate Value
• Gain a bigger yard with more usable space and a more marketable space for realtors to sell, even consider adding a garden train
• Houses without a swimming pool appeal to a broader market
• Houses being sold “as is” with a swimming pool in disrepair will decrease the value of the home more than
it will cost to remove it and may decrease surrounding property values
• The cost of removing a swimming pool in disrepair will be significantly offset by the value it adds to the
property and it will make the property easier to sell
3. Save Money
• Property Tax Reduction – Pool are considered usable space are you are taxed on it
• Reduce your Home Owners Insurance Premium – Pools are a safety liability
• Lower your monthly utility costs, energy costs are constantly rising, your pool will only become
• Water costs are rising
• Repairing an old swimming pool will cost a lot more than it will be to remove a pool over the long run
4. Conserve Clean Water
• There is a shortage of clean water in the world
5. Public Pools are like Water Parks
• Public pools are up-to-date with latest safety features such as shallow pools for toddlers
• Public pools increase social interaction among children and parents, making a community
• Your taxes are paying for the public pools, so why not use them
6. Reduce West Nile Mosquito Breeding Grounds
• Abandoned pools are the ideal spot for mosquitoes to breed
Contact us about removing your swimming pool.
We do work in both the northern Chicago and Denver areas.