Removing a swimming pool is quite a big undertaking and clients like to do their due diligence before selecting a contractor. While chatting with prospective clients, the following are common questions that are asked:
Do you have any examples of other Chiacgoland area pool removal jobs?
We have been in the pool removal business for many years. We have removed many pools in the Chicagoland area, and have many satisfied customers. Take a look at just a few of these here:
Lake Forest, IL
What methods do you use?
We have continually refined our processes in order to do the job as quickly and efficiently as possible. Long gone are the days of the wrecking ball. We are able to minimize collateral damage by using new and improved low impact techniques. Our main tool to achieve this is the compact excavator. We also make sure to do inspections long before we start to ensure that everything runs without a hitch. Additionally we are a complete turnkey solution company with Licensed Landscape Architects, allowing us to not only manage your pool removal but also to leave you with a beautifully landscaped yard afterwards.
How environmentally conscious are you?
Where possible all the concrete associated with the pool removal is completely demolished and processed into 8” fracture concrete gravel similar to PGE and used as fill in the resultant hole. Because we process the concrete associated with the pool into fill material, also called our low impact method, it reduces heavy truck loads of concrete out and then heavy truck loads of fill back in reducing trauma to your property and public roads.
We do not bury fiberglass or steel walls and haul all plastics offsite for disposal.
We also recycle all the pool heaters plus whatever other material is recyclable.
As you can see there is a lot to consider before choosing your Chicagoland pool removal contractor. Get the facts, make an informed decision and be happy with the outcome.
Still not sure? Contact us for a free consultation.
We receive many pool removal calls from Northbrook, IL and this is an example of another one we completed. After purchasing their house, our clients had focused on renovating the inside. Now their focus is on the backyard. The pool and wood deck had not been used in years and dominated the space. So this did not leave much room for their kids to play safely. They called us to discuss their Northbrook, IL pool removal options and how to best use the space they had in the back yard.
This pool has fiberglass sides and a concrete bottom. Because of the numerous large trees surrounding pool, maintenance was time consuming. Even with an automatic pool cover, you still needed to clean off the leaves.
The client had previously looked into redoing the pool and pool deck but was shocked by the cost. They opted to remove the pool and crumbling wood deck, and restore the area back to lawn with seed and blanket. They now have a great area to play with their kids.
Restoring Your Lawn – Seed vs Sod – Read more here
If you are in the greater Chicago or Denver areas and are interested in finding out more about your pool removal options, then please do not hesitate to contact us for a complimentary estimate.
REASONS TO REMOVE YOUR SWIMMING POOL TODAY
1. Reduce Stress and Enjoy your Back Yard
• Having a swimming pool in disrepair is stressful and could be a liability
• Every time you look into the back yard you see it and it haunts you
• At night you may lie awake trying to figure out how to deal with the problem
• Neighbors may be complaining and you may start receiving letters from the City or Village
2. Increase Real Estate Value
• Gain a bigger yard with more usable space and a more marketable space for realtors to sell, even consider adding a garden train
• Houses without a swimming pool appeal to a broader market
• Houses being sold “as is” with a swimming pool in disrepair will decrease the value of the home more than
it will cost to remove it and may decrease surrounding property values
• The cost of removing a swimming pool in disrepair will be significantly offset by the value it adds to the
property and it will make the property easier to sell
3. Save Money
• Property Tax Reduction – Pool are considered usable space are you are taxed on it
• Reduce your Home Owners Insurance Premium – Pools are a safety liability
• Lower your monthly utility costs, energy costs are constantly rising, your pool will only become
• Water costs are rising
• Repairing an old swimming pool will cost a lot more than it will be to remove a pool over the long run
4. Conserve Clean Water
• There is a shortage of clean water in the world
5. Public Pools are like Water Parks
• Public pools are up-to-date with latest safety features such as shallow pools for toddlers
• Public pools increase social interaction among children and parents, making a community
• Your taxes are paying for the public pools, so why not use them
6. Reduce West Nile Mosquito Breeding Grounds
• Abandoned pools are the ideal spot for mosquitoes to breed
Contact us about removing your swimming pool.
We do work in both the northern Chicago and Denver areas.