Our client in Littleton, CO contacted us here at MackLand last year about possibly removing their pool. We understand that it is a big decision to cross the bridge to remove the pool in your backyard. Especially now with COVID impacting public pools and social gatherings. This year they were ready to see the pool go and increase their backyard space for the kids to play in.
The liner was already removed from the pool, so we started right in removing the pool steps and walls. The concrete bottom and walk around the pool were broken up into small pieces and used as structural fill in the deep end.
We brought in clean fill dirt and compacted it in layers. Our client opted for use to bring it to rough final grade for them to take over from there. Now they can expand their lawn area for the kids to play in.
If you live in the greater Denver Metro or Chicagoland areas please do not hesitate to give us a call about swimming pool removal or any of the other services that we offer
• Having a swimming pool in disrepair is stressful and could be a liability • Every time you look into the back yard you see it and it haunts you • At night you may lie awake trying to figure out how to deal with the problem • Neighbors may be complaining and you may start receiving letters from the City or Village
2. Increase Real Estate Value
• Gain a bigger yard with more usable space and a more marketable space for realtors to sell, even consider adding a garden train • Houses without a swimming pool appeal to a broader market • Houses being sold “as is” with a swimming pool in disrepair will decrease the value of the home more than it will cost to remove it and may decrease surrounding property values • The cost of removing a swimming pool in disrepair will be significantly offset by the value it adds to the property and it will make the property easier to sell
3. Save Money
• Property Tax Reduction – Pool are considered usable space are you are taxed on it • Reduce your Home Owners Insurance Premium – Pools are a safety liability • Lower your monthly utility costs, energy costs are constantly rising, your pool will only become more expensive • Water costs are rising • Repairing an old swimming pool will cost a lot more than it will be to remove a pool over the long run
4. Conserve Clean Water
• There is a shortage of clean water in the world
5. Public Pools are like Water Parks
• Public pools are up-to-date with latest safety features such as shallow pools for toddlers • Public pools increase social interaction among children and parents, making a community stronger • Your taxes are paying for the public pools, so why not use them
6. Reduce West Nile Mosquito Breeding Grounds
• Abandoned pools are the ideal spot for mosquitoes to breed