Addison, IL Pool Removal
This Addison, IL Pool Removal was a perfect example of the wonderful results that can be achieved by reclaiming land previously occupied by a pool that had fallen into a total state of disrepair.
There are many types of swimming pools and we used different removal techniques depending on the construction and location of the pool.
In this instance it was your typical in ground concrete construction swimming pool complete with deck and pergola. At the far end of the pool was a small pink play house that we were requested to preserve. Using our low impact removal methods this play house remained unscathed and we were able to minimize damage to the other surrounding areas as well.
As you can see in the before pic, this pool had not been used in years. Cattails, weeds and other vegetation had started to grow and there was a giant crack down the middle of the pool.
This Addison pool removal being in Illinois we needed to contact JULIE (Joint Utility Locating Information for Excavators) before the job could begin. The process then continued as follows:-
- Install plywood and/or wood chips to protect access path as needed
- Pump out existing pool water and discharge to curb or on property
- Safely disconnect and remove all pool utilities, gas and electric
- Demolish and haul off concrete pool bottom
- Demolish pool sides and haul off all concrete
- Demolish pool deck and haul off all concrete
- Import fill, distribute and compact fill material
- Import pulverized topsoil as needed
- Grade entire disturbed area (all areas will be graded with positive drainage away from all structures)
- Seed all disturbed areas with Kentucky Bluegrass mix with DS-75 Erosion Control (straw blanket)
- Remove plywood and/or wood chips along access path
ALL DEMOLISHED POOL CONCRETE WILL BE HAULED AND DISPOSED OF OFFSITE. ALL PLASTICS,
FIBERGLASS AND METAL WILL BE REMOVED OFF SITE AND RECYCLED.
As you can see from the after photo, removing this pool totally transformed this backyard. The client now has many options for this newly reclaimed land including
The laws relating to pool ownership change over time and sometimes it can just become too expensive to retrofit an older pool. For example here are the rules relating to pool ownership in Addison Illinois. This could be another reason why you may want your pool removed.
If you are in the greater Chicago or Denver areas then please do not hesitate to contact us about your pool removal requirements.
Fox Lake, Illinois Pool Removal
Fiberglass Sides with Concrete Bottom Pool Removal After putting a lot of work into the inside of th…
Denver, Colorado Pool Removal
Fiberglass Shell Pool Removal After starting one pool removal in Denver, Colorado, the neighbors nex…
Barrington, Illinois Pool Removal
Vinyl Liner Pool Removal Our clients enjoyed having a pool in the backyard, however over time it bec…